USB Power supply Active Load Tester or short PAL Tester is unit designed for testing the quality of the power supplies.
Idea was to create low-cost, precise device for simultaneous measurement of Voltage and Current drawn from the device under test. This is one of my weekend projects that I have decided to release to the public. All source files can be found on projects GitHub page.
- Open Source and Open Hardware
- Modular design, easy to understand and change/adapt to your needs
- Uses widely available and off-the shelf components
- Components Bill of Material is below $10
- Integrated USB-to-Serial converter for easier interface with the device
- API for communicating with PC
- Recording Voltage vs Amps data and graphing the results
- Easy to use