It drains more bandwidth, it sometimes can be extremely slow, and most of the users don’t have the patience or time to just read every post instead they just scroll until they reach the end of the page.
As I noticed WordPress comes with preloaded jQuery library so I’ve developed a Fancy Article Loader plugin that loads rest of the page via AJAX request so your users don’t have to click on the link and wait for the page and images to load again just to see the rest of the story.
So to describe this plugin in one sentence.
When user clicks on MORE link it will remove the MORE link and replace the part of the article with the full article, allowing the user to read the full article without reloading the page.
What are the benefits?
Well when users scroll trough your blog and find the article they like, they can read it and when they come to the MORE link, just click it and read the rest of the post just like they have opened the read more link. Also I’ve managed to preserve your URLs in case they are SEO optimized and your MORE text is also preserved.
Download Fancy Article Loader
If you like this plugin or have any suggestions please hit me with the comment
If you want to see this plugin in action click the more link below. 😉
If you don’t see the more link it is because you are viewing the full post so go to homepage and click more.
Very Simple, this plugin loads the rest of your post via AJAX request so your users don’t have to wait for the page to reload.
It saves time, nerves, bandwidth and mouse scroll/clicks 🙂
Hope you like my plugin. If so, please leave me a comment. Suggestions or feature requests are always welcome! 🙂
[updated in v1.18]
* Tweaked to be fully compatible with WordPress v3.0
* Loading links hide after the post is loaded
* Minor speed optimizations
[updated in v1.17]
* Absolute path in includes and functions.
* Tweaked post filter priority. It should be more compatible with some custom themes.
[updated in v.1.16]
* jQuery is initializing in noConflict() mode so plugin won’t cause any trouble with other libs.
* Added ability to specify the name of the DIV in which you would like the full post to be loaded.
* Added ability to let plugin know if your theme has jQuery loaded so it can prevent double-loading.
* Added `Fancy Article Loader` page to settings in admin page.